If you are interested in manual lenses on the Sony a7/a9 series you have found the right place. Oh and welcome to our blog 🙂
If you are new to manual lenses we recommend that you read our beginner’s guide to manual lenses on the Sony a7 series first.
Manual Lenses on a Budget
If you are on a budget you might want to check out our list of manual <$100 lenses that perform well on the Sony a7 series. If your budget is a bit bigger we also have a guide to lenses for less than $500 which perform great on your Sony Alpha. Also helpful could be Defects in Manual Lenses and lens buying advice.
More Resources on Manual Lenses
You might also want to check out our Adapters for Manual Lenses on the Sony a7 series Guide to find the right adapter.
Leica M-mount lenses are often problematic on the Sony a7 series. Why and what you can do about it is discussed in Rangefinder wide angle lenses on A7 cameras: problems and solutions. Another solution is discussed in this review of the Kolari thin filterstack modification.
Manual Photographers Series
Many people share our passion for manual lenses and in our manual photographers series we have the privilege to feature the work of some of them.
- Part 0.1: Phillip Reeve
- Part 0.2: BastianK
- Part 0.3: Jannik Peters
- Part 1: Dan Noland
- Part 2: Martijn Kort
- Part 3: Oliver Fecher (aidualk)
- Part 4: Sebboh
- Part 5: Ronny Olsson
- Part 6: Simeon Kolev
- Part 7: Helena Normark
- Part 8: Bob Israel
- Part 9: Hispan
The very best manual lenses
If you have a bigger budget you might want to check out these reviews:
- Voigtländer 10mm 5.6 E Hyper Wide Heliar
- Voigtländer 12mm 5.6 E Ultra Wide Heliar
- Voigtländer 15mm 4.5 E Super Wide Heliar
- Laowa 15mm 2.0 Zero-D for Sony FE
- Tokina Firin 20mm F2 FE
- Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21 Distagon T*
- Zeiss Loxia 2.4/25 Distagon T*
- 7artisans 28mm 1.4 FE+
- Voigtlander Ultron 35mm F1.7 (M-mount)
- Zeiss Loxia 35mm 2.0
- Voigtlander 40mm 1.2 E Nokton
- Voigtlander 50mm 1.2 E Nokton
- Zeiss Loxia Planar 2/50
- Voigtlander 65mm 2,0 Macro APO-Lanthar
- Zeiss Loxia 85mm 2.4
- Olympus OM Zuiko 2/100 (OM-mount)
- Voigtlander 110mm 2.5 Macro APO-Lanthar
- Voigtlander 180mm 4.0 SL APO Lanthar (F- or PK-mount)