- Voigtländer 12mm 5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar
- 7artisans 28mm 1.4 FE-Plus
- Voigtländer Ultron 28mm 2.0
- Leica Summilux 35mm 1.4 FLE Asph
- Zeiss ZM Distagon 35mm 1.4 T*
- Voigtlander Ultron 1.7 / 35 mm
- Jupiter-12 35mm 2.8
- Voigtlander VM 50mm 1.2 Nokton
- Nikon Nikkor-S 50mm 1.4
- Zeiss C-Sonnar 50mm 1.5
- Voigtlander VM 50mm 1.5 Nokton
- Jupiter-3 50mm 1.5
- Nikon Nikkor-H 50mm 2.0
- Voigtlander Heliar 75mm F1.8
- Jupiter-9 85mm 2.0
- Nikkor-P 85mm 2.0
- Leica Summicron-M 90mm 2.0
- Minolta M-Rokkor 90mm 4.0
- MS-Optics Aporis 135mm 2.4 MC Fluorit
- Leica Apo-Telyt-M 135mm 3.4
- Leica Tele-Elmar M 135mm 4.0
- Jupiter-11 135mm 4.0
Adapters for Sony E-mount cameras
There are adapters for other mirrorless systems but most often it doesn’t make much sense to use M-mount lenses on these smaller sensors if you ask me.
A very interesting adapter is the Voigtlander VM-E close focus adapter which works as a variable extension tube and reduces the usually quite high close focusing distance of your Leica M lenses.
Most rangefinder lenses do not perform as well on a digital camera as on film. For a very geeky analysis check out this lensrentals.com article for a short comprehension have a look at our article Rangefinder wide angle lenses on A7 cameras: problems and solutions.
The most important factor is the filter stack thickness in front of the sensor. Leica has minimized the thickness of this sensor so that most lenses perform fine on the Leica M9 or M240. Sony uses a much thicker sensor stack with all their a7 series cameras but it can be replaced by a thin one and then the cameras perform arguably as well as the Leicas. For a well done comparison check out Ron Schefflers site.
In short there are three issues:
- Corners are “smeared”. This usually is caused by increased astigmatism and field curvature which is caused by the filter stack.
- There is colorshift towards the corners which turns the image magenta or green.
- There is also increased vignetting. This depends on the sensor itself, the Sony a7s and a7rII have least colorshift and vignetting.