The Voigtländer Ultron 28mm 2.0 is a quite small wide angle lens with Leica M mount. You may look up the specifications here on the official homepage. The lens is a quite modern design and has been introduced around 2012.
It is one of my favorite lenses on the A7s. Phillip read my reports about it and asked me whether I would like to write an in-depth review about it. Hopefully, at the end of this review, you will know why I like the Voigtländer 2/28 so much.
A German version of this review can be found on phillipreeve.de.
This is a rather personal comparison of the Sony Alpha 7 and the Alpha 7 ii. I will try to cover as many aspects as possible but my focus will be on those which matter most to me personally, so you won’t read much about video but quite abit about manual lenses.
I bought my a7 in November 2013 so I have used it for more than two years and I have used the a7ii for close to two months now.
Sony a7 vs a7ii – Summary
- The a7ii has an integrated stabilizer
- The a7 does suffer from sensor reflections, the a7ii does not
- The a7ii has a more ergonomic grip but it is also significantly heavier
- The a7ii has mount made of metal, the a7’s mount is partially made of plastics which caused some issues.
- The a7ii offers improved AF performance, it even works qite well with some adapted Canon EF lenses
- The a7ii has a more ergonomic shutter release
- The a7ii offers a better video codec
- The a7ii is about $600 more expensive
The Carl Zeiss Distagon 2.8/28 has the reputation to be one of the best 28mm lenses ever made. I put it on my Sony a7 and created an extensive review.
I just wanted to let you know that for the first time I can welcome another author on my blog. His name is Jannik Peters and he shares my passion for manual lenses.
We have been in communication for some time now and I am sure that he will provide some very interesting reviews.
He will start with his own Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21 which should arrive today. So stay tuned ;-).
If you have any questions about the Loxia 2.8/21 then please leave a comment, I am sure that Jannik will be happy to answer them.